Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mom of the Year

So I'm in the stage of pregnancy that makes sleeping a little difficult. Once I fall asleep (you know after the Braxton Hicks and cramping subside) I wake up around 3 or 4 to go to the bathroom and then sometimes never fall asleep. Hard to when something is constantly kicking or something else is constantly snoring (and I wear ear plugs, which is key to this story). So the other night was such a night. 

I finally fall asleep around 6 when I decide to relocate rooms because continuously rolling my husband over on his side (this helps the snoring) has become so frustrating that I begin to envision rolling him off the bed. So dramatically enough to wake him I thrust off the covers, take my pillow and march (a few heavy exhales here and there) into the spare bedroom. 

The next thing I hear is "MAAAAAAMMMMMAAAAAAA" I wake up and realize Amelia is up. I walk out the room and see Kyle is not in his bed and proceed to go into Amelia's room. I'm greeted with a big smile and a "hi." She starts "Jumping" which would look like bouncing to anyone else, but she calls it jumping. She comes by it honestly, my dad says its hereditary since I apparently dont jump high. So we walk out, look at the clock and its 10:30 AM!!!!!!!!!! Yep, pretty sure they give awards for stuff like that, great parenting. 
Thank goodness she can entertained herself.

This morning we woke up a little earlier. She read her books and insisted to have mine too. I had to take a picture. If you are looking for a good devotional book I highly suggest this one, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. I'm on the bandwagon and I L-O-V-E it!!! Amelia must think its great too cause she tried to give it to my friend Julie as she was leaving several times today. And Amelia loves The ABC Bible Verse Book we read it multiple times a day. I wish I could say because she loves reading scripture but it probably has to do more with the fact that there is a dog or cat on every page.


3 comments:

Kate said...

I didnt know you were pregnant! Congratulations!!!!!

Ashley Shaw said...

What?!? You're pregnant?!? When are y'all due?

MGulbas said...

I had no idea you were prego either!! CONGRATS!!!!! How far along are you? when are you due?!?!