Amelia started pre-school today at the church. She did great! We went to meet her teacher last week and check out the room. She was already very familiar with the room because it's the same one she's been in for Sunday School for the last 6 months. She also knows that dad's office is literally around the corner about 10 steps away.
Girl has been all about her back pack but then today
mom: "Amelia, want to put on your back pack?"
Amelia: "no, mommy do it." "mommy, get it"
Drop off was very smooth. Amelia opted away from the class' chaos and drop off drama. She used the opportunity to snag some one on one time with the coveted baby in the class and the kitchen, so we snuck out too. She was all smiles when we returned. She saw Kyle and just pointed and said "dada!" but kept on playing, she has gotten used to him passing by. But when she noticed me she knew it was go time! She booked it to the door, running into a table, falling down (have I mentioned she isn't that cordinated?? She comes by it honestly, I never know where my bruises come from), getting up, waddling fast (which is her run) to the door.
Kyle said he is slightly distracted taking note of every cry to judge if it is Amelia's (it was not thankfully or I'm sure he wouldn't be able to help himself from peaking to see her). He reported that each time he walked by she was very content. She pretended to wash her hair a lot with a bottle of shampoo (as I've noted before she is really into good hygiene).
She is still reserved around her teachers and keeps a good distance from them. I'm sure she will grow to love them though. She loves playing in all the centers especially the home center with the kitchen, the books and balls. She mostly keeps to herself playing with various toys and offering an occasional toy to a friend if they are near by. I cant wait to watch all these relationships grow over time.
The teacher noted that she was "so good and calm." Its just a matter of time before she lets loose :)
We celebrated a great day by going to Chick-fil-a. Amelia was so excited that Kyle and I were both going to lunch with her. She insisted on using the adult fork and did well. She then climbed all the way up the play scape by herself (huge accomplishment, she is typically timid and requires company).
It was a good day, yea Mia!!!


3 comments:
I love watching her grow! She is such a cutie. Can't wait to see her again! :)
yea!! she is sooo big!! and what a gorgeous little angel!! i miss her! so glad she had a great day!
I can't believe Amelia started school -- I so wish I'd been there to see her off. LOVE the owl backpack -- should have known you'd find the cutest one out there, Morgie. And she ate with a big-girl fork at the Fil-A? How much I have missed in a month! xoxo
Post a Comment