Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Man, The Myth, The Legend

Today is Kyle's 29th Birthday!!

We have had so much fun celebrating the life of Kyle today. I braved the world today and we took Amelia to Discovery Green (a park). Hammett and his kite joined us to make the day very comical at least. Hammett and Kyle looked fabulous flying their rainbow colored kite together. This is no ordinary kite (meaning not in the shape of a diamond) it flies so fast. I almost injured 3 small children (it lands with a purpose and a loud thud). The day was full of laughter (most stories my husband wont let me post but at one point the foam cooler lid flew off and stuck to a large rear end of a shocked African American woman. Her reaction can not be posted but her husband had to peel it off and hand it to Kyle). Even the city got in on the action and gave Kyle a wonderful gift by way of a parking ticket.

(this was written on yesterday obviously, but I just didn't have the time to stop and post)

If you know me then hopefully you know my better half. And you know the statement is true he is truly my better half. Kyle simply makes the world better. Everything he does seems to be full of intention and grace. Kyle is a rare find, his antics and humor bring us just as much joy as the wisdom and insight he always seems to provide.  Your love of knowledge and truth is to be admired. Your relationship with Christ bleeds over effortlessly into the lives of others bringing glory to God and comfort as well as challenges to those around you.

Kyle loves well.   I should know because I have never had a day in our marriage where I have had to question this. It can be seen clearly through our conversations, his encouragement of my dreams, and the way he leads us confidently towards a life that is full. You are my best friend and the funniest person I know (even funnier than myself, because I think I am really funny). I always feel safe and secure within your leadership. I am so thankful Amelia has a father like you. I love the way she turns towards your voice and smiles. I also love the effort you put into getting another smile for a good 5 minutes afterwards. She has your affection and will always know how deeply she is loved by you and our Savior. We thank-you for making our lives fun and thinking outside the box! You dream big and I have no doubt you will achieve all you desire.

I know Kyle loves to hate when I "put his business in the street" but I cant help but share all the wonderful things about Kyle. Kyle cares genuinely for his friends and family, if he says he's praying for you, he is and he is fighting on your behalf. So here is to Kyle embarking on his last year in the 20's. (Kyle says the thirties are the new twenties anyways).

so handsome

did I mention he is a sick bassist in a sweet band, and yes that is Lyle Lovett in the background.


This is a man who knows he's in for it, he's already comparing prices on ponies. 

 
She takes care of him too. Here she is putting him to sleep.



Kyle always takes care of things, working without complaint. He fixed a flat tire on this car 4 times in a span of a month. Twice in one trip. PS thanks Kyle for doing our taxes, could you imagine me trying to do that..."um, lets just round here and call it a day."


Did I mention he's a party? I mean who else will dress as Waldo and go around hiding in public? The best Halloween ever!

Happy Birthday to you!!!!
 
Side note: Here's a picture of Amelia at the park in her new dress from Julie Anna and Mrs. Hammett. She almost looks little here, but dont be deceived she still big)

5 comments:

kristen said...

that was soooo sweet!! i am so glad you are home. and kyle. and happy birthday kyle. love yall. love yalls sweet relationship and new baby girl. just really loved everything about this post. and mostly that yall are staph free. phew. that was a close one. so sorry about that guys!! miss yall~

Julie said...

What a sweet and honoring post! Tell Kyle Happy Belated Birthday!!

rynoranger said...

great post! Yes Kyle, you are loved by everyone who knows you -- such a legend

Kari said...

Love the pic of her in tyedye looking up at her daddy...too precious! Second where did Kyle find a Waldo shirt? Kenny has wheres waldo night at camp this yr!

melissa said...

i love this post morgan!
happy late bday kyle. i agree with morgan... you are a pretty great guy.

morgan! you are a great writer..entertaining and (yes) funny!