Thursday, July 28, 2011

chicken wire hair bow frame & the best hot pads ever

 So I wanted to hang something above Amelia's changing table and I needed a place to put her bows. So I thought of this. At first I just was going to put chicken wire in a frame but it needed something more so I took a piece of fabric and used adhesive spray to the back. The picture frame I found for a few bucks at the clearance isle at Hobby Lobby. Then I painted it tiffany blue then a wasabi color and scuffed it up so the blue would show through. I then antiqued it with my favorite glaze (American Traditions in Raw Umber). 
moving on
So I can be quirky and wait to purchase an item I need until I find "the perfect one." I have to love it! I will wait (years) and search (for the perfect item at the perfect price). I know that this item will be with me for the long haul and my home is too small to fill up with stuff I dont just love.
Lately, I have been checking items off my list. 
 And recently crossed off hot pads. I love the Home Goods (Marshalls) store and I found these for $7. 
which means I can retire these
 These look like something out of Edward Scissor hands kitchen...or mine. 
 
Cooking inspired me to add an aloe plant to my collection of greenery :)
 
and on a second note I noticed a trend with my husbands closet...

 more shirts are starting to pile up on the door (5) than inside. He had me cracking up when he placed the last one on the handle, I guess the top was full. I'm just glad they're not on the floor.

 

No comments: