Sunday, July 17, 2011

time with friends

Settle down folks its not what you think (we aren't finding out the sex so you'll just have to wait with us, its only 19 more week...ugh).
A couple months ago (I'm real up to date) Amelia and I had the pleasure of hanging out with Cal (Julie and Rob Smith's son) on Tues and Thurs. We had a blast! Amelia adores Cal! These two had a blast talking and playing together. Amelia was ready to care for his every need and made my job a lot easier. I tried to get some video or them "talking" and playing but failed, I'll post what I did get but it just doesn't compare. Amelia is tricky and has let it be known that she is not a performer. BTW "boom" you hear me asking her to give Cal "boom." Kyle taught her to give daps and she kept doing it to Cal and he would just squeal with delight. The first video is a little short due to Amelia placing the lens cap on. Again not a performer.

Here is Julie and A. She has just "twisted" her arm to read her a few of her favorite books.

Here is a more recent picture of Cal with our friend Sloan (her son, Jake was asleep in the next room). Amelia loves her friends! She often still talks about Cal, especially when she sees a toy or the chair he liked to play with. Abby and Luke came to visit and she called Luke, Cal for the first day or so. She's got it down now! She is still talking non-stop about Abby and occasionally Luke. She calls Abby on her phone and was really excited to find her in our wedding album.
This was the shirt Amelia wore when went to see Luke in the hospital!
I found Amelia enjoying her old chair that we had out for Luke. Watching her get out was awesome! I was dying laughing (which she did not like) and she kept saying "oh..oh..no, no, no....help." 

Luke and our house guest at the time Marcus.
"Marcus" was the first word Amelia said when ever she woke. Pretty sure he is her favorite! She would get nose to nose and just chat him up. He's clearly a great listener. He loves her as well, he was always right behind me when I went to get her out of her crib. He'd sit next to her changing table and they would be nose to nose for A to pet him while I changed her diaper.
She was so sad when he left. (She sat on the porch and pointed down the road and kept saying "Marcus." So she was thrilled when he and Jen returned a day later. Every girl wants a horse :)

We're gearing up to see Annie tomorrow, when Mike and Deb come to town!!
   



No comments: