Monday, February 1, 2010

Little Miss Pukes A Lot

So there are so many things that I could update you guys on. The past two weeks have been full of so many unique experiences and emotions. I am learning so much, for instance there are what I call "sneaky stretchmarks." These can be defined as the stretch marks one acquires underneath the belly (hidden from the normal eye). They are misleading, they can make one believe they have escaped this feared part of pregnancy due to superior genes. So now that my tummy is disappearing I discovered a beautiful set of matching strechmarks! I feel like a victim :)

But the the title story is of Amelia's talent to unload everything I put in her belly back onto me with style and grace. Three times now after feeding she has looked up at me with the most endearing eyes and projectile vomited (with impressive range) ALL over me and anything within a surrounding area. The first time she was sitting in her boppy in front of me. I was just talking to her, admiring this precious gift from God and then...BLAW, BLAW, BLAW, BLAW. All over herself, the freshly changed sheets, and me (take note I was at least two feet from her mouth) The second time (my personal favorite), I'm holding her and 5 times she launched her assault all over, again me and a new victim Georgie. Georgie was COVERED and quickly jumped into action to help the situation by cleaning up the mess on the floor. The third time came later that evening and by the second launching I had made it to the shower. Now people, I'm not talking spit up, we're talking pints here.

Now no need to pity her, she does all this calmly without a hence of pain or discomfort. Even covered in her own vomit she looks peaceful and perfect. After much research we learned this is due to her "overeating" in a single sitting. Which only further proves two things, she is truly an American and my child. I'm sorry I have no photos to document the occasion, I'm just now that together yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww... i remember sporting clothes that were always spit up stained. Maynard was a vomit victim too, he never helped with clean up though. glad to hear things are going well. we miss you!!
janet, tavin and vance

kristen said...

i used to do that to aves all the time!! she would just throw up and then look up at us like, what? hilarious. cant wait to see that gorgeous girl!!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

Oh yes...all too familiar. The first time it scared the crap out of me! He actually did it the other morning, however, he gagged himself due to tge snot running down his throat. It was NOT pretty at 6 in the morning. Stretch marks: those nasty things appeared on my right outer thigh...weird and unwelcome.