Sunday, February 21, 2010

One Month

Happy One Month Amelia

 
Last Thursday (the 18th)
We celebrated One Month. What a month. Kyle and I have loved getting to know our precious little girl. Some of the things we've learned about her and ourselves are as follows:
A little about Amelia: She has a host of nicknames. We mainly call her Amelia but you can also hear us calling her:
Mia
Ama
Monkey
Chunky Monkey
Momma Mia
Punkin
Button
Grandma

Amelia is a pure joy. Kyle and I feel very fortunate to have such an easy baby our first time around. She came to us weighing 9lbs and measuring 21 inches. She has since then grown to be 22 inches long and now tips the scale at 11.4 oz. Having such a healthy girl has made adjusting to a new schedule easier. She eats and sleeps wonderfully. She makes the cutest noises when she sleeps, purring, high pitch squeals and grunts. And she's got so many faces! My favorite is the one we call "Blue Steel" we have yet to be able to capture it on film but we're trying. 

Things Amelia loves: Us obviously, baths (she doesn't cry, we assume this only means she loves them), being swaddled, light, Georgie kisses, her boppy, eating, bright colors that move, the noise "shhhhhhh" and a moving car.

Some things I learned: I've learned how to clean upholstery, to swaddle, to do many many things with 1 hand, make diaper wipes, the fine line of too much bouncing after a feeding, to not lay her down and change her diaper after a feeding, decipher between the "I'm hungry" cry and the "I'm really sleepy cry." Who knew we could love something so much. She has taught us patience and shown us an incomparable joy. The Lord truly gives the best gifts and Amelia is just that. I love our moments in the morning. Sometimes I read to her, introduce her to our favorite music (this sometimes includes making her baby dance with her arms: She loves The Beatles, The Boss and David Crowder) tell her how much we love her and how God loves her even more. We adore every inch (and every chin) of her!

Things Amelia does not like: getting dressed and when we have to put medicine on her face or bum.
Some of you have gotten to meet Amelia and know how laid back and sweet she is. She cant wait to meet the rest of you, hopefully soon. Here are a few of the outakes from our 1 mo. photo shoot (over a few days and outfits).
 
all 22 inches

What do you mean this t-shirt's too tight!
This photo needs a caption...any suggestions?
 
Not in the mood for photos

And one from Georgie
 

4 comments:

Team Bourlon said...

Hilarious! I can't even take how cute she is in her little t-shirt! I can't believe I haven't gotten to physically love on this little one yet. Luke and I are talking about coming to visit soon...I know you guys might be out of town this weekend, but maybe next weekend?

If Georgia could speak, I know that's what she'd say.

Unknown said...

Grandma and I are taking a look at how big Amelia is getting she is already looking older than what she is you are going to have to fight off all those older boys. She is beautiful and I can not wait to meet her. Grandma and Grandpa can not wait eaither. Love ya.

The Kelsos said...

Morgan! LOVE the Scrabble board idea!!! So creative! I laughed out loud reading some of her nicknames. My personal favorite: Grandma.

Julie said...

She is just beautiful! Amelia and Gracie are doing a lot of similar things. Bryan and I call the whimper her "puppy wimper".