Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter

I'm terrible I know. Its just that updating is so low on my list, if I could figure out a quicker way to do it, that would help. I'm sure there is an app for that.  But I'm sure people's expectations of frequent posting have long since disappeared. Either way I dedicate this post to Amelia's Aunt Kari who has been dying for an update.
 I figured I'd start with Easter. We had a blast this Easter! I spent the week leading up to it teaching A how to hunt eggs. Girl is a fast learner! Every afternoon we would go in the front yard hunt eggs and then color on the sidewalk till Dad got home. Here's a few from the practice rounds. 
 She picked up the concept immediately and has a great eye for the sport.
 You can see here she's got a real future in egg hunting. The determination in her face.
 Her love for the game helps too :) However, stamina not so much. She's a 3-4 egg hunter and then she is content to come sit in my lap and practice opening and closing them. She also stopped when the advance skill of picking up one egg before placing the previous egg in the basket caused her to topple over and spill her bounty. Maybe next year but for now Amelia you're a 1 egg at a time type of girl. 

The big day came Saturday at Perry Park. We went with the Bourlon's to their neighborhood hunt. This event provided a couple of game changers that Amelia wasn't quite prepared for. 


1. The Easter Bunny was there. She is very weary of large over-sized bunny prancing around, something about it was very unnatural to her...

Amelia meets the Easter Bunny from Morgan Bender on Vimeo.


2. The mass number of kids. She was unaware of the "race-factor" and froze to inspect the chaos.

She eventually picked up 2 eggs and then realized there were shiny things inside. This halted any further hunting. She was much more content to hold her shiny prizes. The guys pushed the girls on the swings and then they played awhile on the playground.
 Court and the ladies
so serious
We then came home and planted an orange tree that we got the day before. It should start bearing fruit around September. I cant wait. Cuties are a favorite with Amelia and so I know she will die when she sees them blooming on her tree. 
She wasn't as big of a help with the planting as I thought she'd be. She doesn't like to get dirty. She however has no problem getting wet. We are working on her pouring skills. She is content to just dump the water on herself (which she needs no help growing, she is currently in the 110% for height at 33 in and in the 95% for weight at 27lbs. She hasn't gained a pound since January. Which I'm skeptical about and have the most adorable naked pics of her swimming to prove it, unfortunately I just dont know how I feel about posting pics of her in all her glory)

While we were planting we got a surprise visit from our friends Leigh, Julia and a pair of adorable Easter bunnies who came to deliver Amelia an Easter basket. The basket she loved however still weary of the bunny and now concerned that it knows where she lives and that they can travel in pairs. I'm sure next year she will give a much warmer greeting. 

The next day, Easter Sunday. After church we had the most amazing lunch at the Austin Country Club! I think I ate 5 or 6 courses. 
Julia and Hannah dressed Amelia up with some flowers, I kinda think that she looks like she has Shrek ears.
 Look at all that hair blowing in the wind!!
We came home and Amelia went swimming in her pool. She loves the slide that is on it. 
There are so many more great pictures from this afternoon, next time I will make sure she is in a bathing suit so I can post them. 
I'm going to make this post even longer and leave you with some of my thoughts.

1. I've had the stomach bug so I'm limited to broth and all I can thing about is
TACOS!!! I really want to eat tacos!
2. And its finally raining, what a blessing!
3. Bin Laden is dead. I'm so honored and humbled with the service of our troops. I'm glad that one's wicked ways have been stopped and I hope that this is the beginning of dismantling an oppressive group's evil, however it will never be natural though to celebrate someone's death, no matter how much pain they have caused.
4. I'm feeling terrible because I missed my grandmother's birthday and she is the most wonderful person you could ever know, and she never misses a birthday! Grandma, I am so sorry. I love you.
gotta go and call grandma

No comments: