So this year we celebrated Luke, Doug and Kyle (Wardlaw)'s birthday on the 30th. A great excuse for a costume party and cake. I can not delay in showing off all the great costumes.
The Birthday boys
and the wives
(left to right) Mark went as Larry King but also got a lot of Harry Carey and Anderson Cooper.
Kyle and Blair were Mad Men (I'm embarrassed that I dont know the characters names but have decided after we finished Lost that will be our next series to start watching).
Austin went as House (Hugh Laurie) which he nailed with the cane, limp and direct sarcasm.
Ryan and Courtney were (obviously) Dwight and Angela, notice the cat!!
Jim and Brooke were cowboy and Indian or as I like to think Pocahontis and Borat at the Rodeo.
Melissa was my personal favorite, she was a Publisher's Clearing House winner! She had a huge check and everything. Piper was the cutest kitten ever!!!
Which brings me to Jo and Amelia (which I have no picture of). So Courtney made Jo an adorable skunk costume. (pictures she'll post soon, I think some are on FB) At first try the arms were way too small, but she remedied the problem and it fit perfectly. I should have learned from Courtney's experience but no I had Amelia try on the bumble bee costume for the first time as the party started. I have no idea why I was so shocked to find that it too was way to small. It being the first real project I have undertaken with a sewing machine and all. SO a little tip, when sewing gross grain ribbon horizontally across stretchy cotton it will negate the stretch, seems obvious now. Amelia's costume was not the only one in the families to not work, mine too was not without issues. I quickly threw together a gypsy costume. Kyle went with old faithful, cause nobody makes a better Waldo.
See Waldo in the back top right? Maybe you can spot him in some other pictures.





No comments:
Post a Comment