Kyle and I were fortunate enough to go to the World Series a few weeks ago. We wish the Rangers would have had more of our good fortune. However its the farthest our ball club has gotten and still pretty impressive for a team that was broke a few months ago.
Being a huge Rangers fan was naturally embedded into my childhood. For those who know me well they know Nolan Ryan is my all-time favorite professional athlete (disclaimer: behind Jeff and now James of course). I was a ballpark rat, we were fortunate enough to have season tickets growing up and so I was able to see him pitch many times including when Robin Ventura charged the mound and Ryan met him with a head lock and 6 shots. Pretty exciting (might have been what sealed it for me).
I definitely miss watching the players of the 90's... Jeff, Bobby, John B. (other John's we wont talk about), Rusty, Will Clark, Pudge, remember Micky Tettleton and his weird left-handed stance or when Jose Canseco played for us...comical. Darren Oliver is the only one left from back then... old man river. I'm deep in memory lane and the only one who will even care about this post is Melanie (which I should take the time to say thanks for always giving me your left over tickets growing up).
SO needless to say I was thrilled to get to go again with him involved in a different realm and to cheer on a long time favorite team. He's still so handsome.
Kyle and I took Syd and went to game 4. It was on Halloween so Kyle thought he might as well dress to support the team and embrace the holiday.
So proud!!
CAn you guys believe how grown up The Munchkin is?
Cowboy Stadium at sunset
Special thanks to Guy for getting us such great seats!
Being a huge Rangers fan was naturally embedded into my childhood. For those who know me well they know Nolan Ryan is my all-time favorite professional athlete (disclaimer: behind Jeff and now James of course). I was a ballpark rat, we were fortunate enough to have season tickets growing up and so I was able to see him pitch many times including when Robin Ventura charged the mound and Ryan met him with a head lock and 6 shots. Pretty exciting (might have been what sealed it for me).
I definitely miss watching the players of the 90's... Jeff, Bobby, John B. (other John's we wont talk about), Rusty, Will Clark, Pudge, remember Micky Tettleton and his weird left-handed stance or when Jose Canseco played for us...comical. Darren Oliver is the only one left from back then... old man river. I'm deep in memory lane and the only one who will even care about this post is Melanie (which I should take the time to say thanks for always giving me your left over tickets growing up).
SO needless to say I was thrilled to get to go again with him involved in a different realm and to cheer on a long time favorite team. He's still so handsome.
Kyle and I took Syd and went to game 4. It was on Halloween so Kyle thought he might as well dress to support the team and embrace the holiday.
So proud!!
CAn you guys believe how grown up The Munchkin is?
Cowboy Stadium at sunset
US
Can you find Waldo? SO the costume was a hit. He was a celebrity. People heard he was around and came to "find" him. He was taking pictures with people all night. He had to finally take off the glasses and hat to try and "blend in."Special thanks to Guy for getting us such great seats!



2 comments:
Wait a second.... this post is coming from the same person who was watching the John Adams series DURING game 1 of the world series?!! Two words: FAIR WEATHER
Luke,
I forgot, my goodness. I am disconnected from the outside world and forgot what day it was. This also doesn't help me when eating food from the fridge...what its expired? If it doesn't smell its good.
Post a Comment